The Red Carpet Skyhawk Overnight Visit to UT Martin is a unique experience for a select group of multicultural high school seniors and juniors from the Memphis area. You will get to experience life as a college student by staying overnight in our residence halls while learning about our academic opportunities, scholarships, financial aid, and student life.
- Multicultural High School Seniors and Juniors from the Memphis area
- High School Seniors must apply for admission & be admitted for Fall 2018 in order to attend
- Application available: goUTMartin.org/freshman
- Submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT Scores
- Admissions requirements: 3.0 GPA and 19 ACT or 2.7 GPA and 21 ACT
- Conditional admissions opportunities available
- High School Juniors must have minimum 3.0 GPA and 18 ACT in order to attend
What is the schedule?
Friday, November 10
- 12:30 p.m.- Depart from Memphis from the Walmart on Highway 64 across from Wolfchase Galleria Mall
- 3:30 p.m.- Arrive at UT Martin for Red Carpet Welcome
- 4:00 p.m.- Campus Tour
- 5:00 p.m.- Check into on-campus Residence Halls
- 6:00 p.m.- Dinner in the University Center Dining Hall
- 7:00-9:00 p.m.-Meet & Greet and Recreation Rampage at the Student Recreation Center
Saturday, November 11
- 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.- Preview Day in the University Center
- 12:30 p.m.- Tailgate at the Alumni Center hosted by the Black Alumni Council
- 2:00 p.m.- Watch the UT Martin Skyhawks take on Jacksonville State on campus at Hardy Graham Stadium
- 4:30 p.m.- Depart Martin to Memphis (approximately)
- 7:00 p.m.- Arrive back in Memphis at Walmart on Highway 64 (approximately)
How do I sign up?
- Registration is now closed for the Red Carpet Skyhawk Overnight Visit. Students must complete their Medical Treatment Authorization & Release form in order to be confirmed for the trip.
- Complete the required Medical Treatment Authorization & Release form on the web site, get your parent or guardian’s signature, and email it to email@example.com.
- Limit of 100 students- first-come, first-served
- For questions, please call Kameron Echols (731) 881-7714 or Mary Wiggins (731) 881-7740.
In cooperation with the UT Martin Office of Admissions, Black Alumni Council, and Division of Student Affairs, we are pleased to offer this trip free of charge to invited students. Dinner will be provided on Friday, and Breakfast and Lunch will be provided on Saturday. You will be staying in a residence hall on campus, and sheets and a towel will be provided.
As a reminder,you will not be confirmed for the trip until you have your Medical Treatment Authorization & Release form turned in to Mary Wiggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.